Our values define what we’re all about. Essentially, they are the pathways we’ve found through which we discover our place in God’s storyline. Everything we do as a community is informed by and filtered through these values.
Our values ultimately flow out of the story of God found in the Bible. To read an account of God’s story, click here.
In short, Storyline Christian Community lives to discover its place in God’s story through dependence on God, mission, life change, and genuine relationships.
Feel free to click on any of the practices below to see how they find their roots in Scripture.
Dependence on God — God manages our lives better than we can.
- Trust: living in a trusting relationship with God
- Connection: connecting to God through prayer and Scripture
Mission — We live for something bigger than ourselves.
- Reproduction: followers make new followers and churches make new churches
- Hospitality: extending a warm welcome to strangers
- Justice: befriending the poor; helping the helpless; caring for the earth
- Adaptability: the courage to create new things and the willingness to adapt
Life Change — God is fixing us.
- Character: thinking, acting and feeling like Jesus
- Expression: reflecting God’s image with our unique gifts and abilities
- Generosity: extending our resources — time, money, abilities — on behalf of others
- Simplicity: finding more in less
Genuine Relationships — We make real friends.